Saturday, June 9, 2012

The seafood, the expressos, and the patience...

Two things I have also noticed about this city is that

1. If you want to have extraordinarily delicious seafood, come to Oslo. (This applies to Norway, I suppose).  I had a delicious lunch and I love that they cooked the meal right in front of my eyes. 



2. If you want to have a coffee, be ready to queue in line! Normally there is one person (poor thing) taking orders.  On Saturday I went to get two espressos and the queue time was 10 minutes... Friday I went to another place and the line was about the same.  What is interesting is that no one seems to mind.  (Imagine London!).  People in Oslo do not seem to be in they kind of hurry you see in London (let alone New York!).  I still stare at people while they wait and marvel that they do not seem to mind the coffee line!