Sunday, June 3, 2012

A day to remember

Oslo is an easily walkable city. 

That is a great advantage because it makes life simpler - and greener.

Yesterday the day was perfect for a walk near the waterfront. 

The sky was so handsome and I enjoyed my first Saturday in Oslo very much.  Someone was telling me that I must remember days like this in the future once the winter comes! (I suppose people tend to be concerned that a Tica will not stand the Norwegian winter... but (a) I know I will and (b) if it is too much indeed then I can always escape to Costa Rica!)

Anyway, the day was gorgeous and here are some photographs of the part of town near the waterfront.
View of the port. Lots of cranes at the back.  Someone mentioned Oslo is the fastest growing European city.

Here I discover a door that matches my coat.


Then I read and realize this place has been around since 1300... I feel like a baby!

Walk toward the water
A boat turned restaurant...

What sweet idea