Thursday, March 20, 2014

A day in Berlin

I have been in Bonn for a strategy session. Last night I came to Berlin to speak at a Deutsche Welle TV program run by Carlos de Lago and produced by Yaotsin Botello. 

This program is structured around three themes. Today they were: Venezuela, Ukrania and energy security.


This blog is personal and I will not get into energy systems and nasty politics.  Let's just say that I made the case for renewables in Europe in contrast to those arguing the case for more of the same (more oil and gas and more climate change). (Luckily those joining the program did not endorse a dirty energy future!)

The recording took place at Club Plus a film house in Berlin.  I got there at 10am, chatted with the producers, got some coffee and a friendly lady applied make up to the guests and the anchor.


We had a good conversation and I truly enjoyed the tone, content and format of the discussion.


Here are some photos of my walk after the show.



From an amazing book about Berlin (Too heavy to carry!)
A Berlin siesta
You must be in Germany!
Kind of cool