Thursday, July 5, 2012

An eventful weekend in London

I went back to London.

It was strange to be back to a city I (still) adore and realise I am no longer a Londoner. And how ironic is it that I left London precisely in 2012 right before the city prepares to host the Olympics.

That energizing air of anticipation is flowing all around!

Here is a video. You get the idea.


Then came Spain vs Italy.

Watching EuroCup final in a crowded pub where those of us supporting Casillas and Co. were not only were a minority but also got the best table was serious fun.

For the record: Getting the best table in a popular pub in London meant waiting religiously at that table for almost 5 hours before the game got started! Yes, my friend Rocio is very persuasive. And she was right: the wait was so worth it.

Another highlight,  apart from meeting baby Zac Faisca (who is adorable) was revisiting yet another time the Tate Modern, one of my favorite places in the world, not just in London.


And guess what? Oslo had come to the Tate.

The Tate had had just inagurated the exhibition of Norway's most famous painter: Edvard Munch (pronounced Munk).

The only thing I knew about him was that he had painted The Scream.

I spent hours at the exhibition and now Munch is totally in my system.

I have not stopped learning about him.

I even learned he grew up in the very neighborhood where I live.

Yes,  Munch lived in Grünerløkka.
.