Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ich Liebe Berlin

As I type that I love Berlin, I wonder if I will ever write that I love Oslo.

Perhaps. It is unfair to compare.

(And Oslo is growing on me.  I just need to spend more time here. I am frequently somewhere else!)

Now, back to loving Berlin.

What a city!  So much is going on! And much seem on its way.  Everywhere I went, I notice the signs of change, signs of endless imagination and a certain aloofness that makes me, intrigued.

And then is Berlin's in-expensiveness. Bjørn figured that prices are about a third of what you pay in Oslo. Contrary to Oslo, the bills got me to smile - a full grin - each time.

I had to go to Berlin for work so it was a very short visit. We spent two days walking around in the most miserable weather - colder, wetter, darker than we deserved.   And yet, I was happy to wonder around while thinking hard about the fateful city of Berlin, its historical footprint and the most inspiring re-invention.

Here are some colorful memories of this past Saturday.   The wall you see below is a piece of that wall. . .

 I leave it to your imagination
No legs to bike. . .

Looking forward