Monday, November 19, 2012

Zero (carbon) conference 2012

My pledge: I will buy less
Participants going to the Conference in green buses
Norway´s Prime Minister
Zero is pushing for electric cars

I attended the Zero 2012 conference in Oslo. They had a fu house and the hall was full of highly committed pro-solutions audience. For more info go to www.zero.no

Here are so photos of my personal pledge (buy fewer things) and of Norway's Prime Minister, of the Eco-friendly bus taking us to the conference venue (near the airport to avoid a long ride) and of the electric cars used and exhibited. Zero is very active in the promotion of electric vehicles. They do not fluff around!

David Blood, Kofi Annan, the Minister of Environment gave speeches. The one I liked the most was by the head of Zero. Challenging conventional wisdom in Norway and treating the challenge as political in nature. The problem is not technology or lack of money!