Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Friday that lasted 48 hours...

When I am inside my private universe - writing, thinking, isolating myself from everything and everyone - I lose touch with the rules of the external world. I go at my own speed.

This weekend I spent Saturday convinced that it was Saturday. Very normal, right? Well, it turned out that it was not. Half way into my day I checked the weather forecast because I needed some fresh air and in Oslo checking the weather is a smart habit to keep.

So I saw that it said Friday 2 November.  Hmmm. It cannot be that was yesteday. Internet is probably down. I refreshed the browser and... It still said Friday November the 2nd.

Then I check other websites.  Hmmm. How odd.

How confusing it is to realise you must go back 24 hours back in time... I had to go back to the day before.

It was a happy feeling.  I got to rewind and have another Friday. Una vez más.  It took it as a time gift: 3pm Saturday becomes 3 pm Friday, I was forced to re-live my Friday and to have another Saturday.

If you think that cannot be possible, then think twice because it had already happened to me. 

One busy weekend I was working furiously on my dissertation. It must have been late 2005 or early 2006.  I had been writing in my office all night.  I had a mattress for such special occassions and I loved staying in the building by myself.  I woke up that Sunday (or "Sunday") and I came out of my office wearing my silly pijamas only to find a lot of colleages walking downstairs and staring at my colorful attire!

I loved such days of intense research, thinking and writing where you forget about everything else!

Perhaps this weekend I got back the day I had been stolen that weekend 6 years ago!  We are even now.