Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pretty (Fake) Girl

He does look like a girl, if you don't pay attention...
..but upon closer examination...
 
                                                                  
..you realize they are playing with our eyes.... (the real photo is more feminine, here I am emphasizing his male side).         


I noticed an odd marketing campaign in the streets of Oslo.  You see this pretty girl.  Beatiful face.  Her blouse is half open and you can see her nipple.  But I thought something was weird. I asked for a male opinion.  Is it really a girl?  Yes, of course it is.  (and she is pretty).  But I had my doubts and I bet a bottle of wine that the pretty girl was a boy that was prettified (I just made up this word) so it would look like a girl.

From the tram, she looks like a she. True. But I went to observe the big posters more carefully.  And here is the evidence that it is a boy. Look at the hands!  Look at the chest! 

I think it is a silly thing to point out (there is nothing wrong with having a boy looking like a girl).  But at the same time there is some hidden meaning in this add:  it is so easy for advertisements to fool us arond. And, worse, it is so easy to fabricate female duty. (So easy that even a man couldn't tell the difference).  It is so easy that even a boy can look like the pretty girl that twenty-something year olds want to imitate.

Not much new and not much can be done about the young obsession with models. But the good thing is that thanks to the silly add I did get a nice bottle of wine.