Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Always the beauty

I went to the Oslo's National Gallery the other afternoon. I had not been able to fly the night before (from Helsiki to Bangkok) and as a result of my failed trip I was not feeling too happy about the world with its airports and evil airlines.

So when faced with such afternoons, the only medicine that could help me was beauty: quietness: silence : therefore: a museum. I visited one and the images did cleaned my mood.

There is such honest Beauty in front of you. The colors. The textures. Such peculiar silence in the galleries. At airports I see the ugly (and aggresive) side of people. In museums I see the opposite. I enjoy their quietness and order. My inner world too stands quieter and more orderly.

I spent a lot of time in the Edvard Munch Room. That was the only loud room: tourists everywhere! No photographs are not allowed in there. But still. I sat and watch people's faces as they saw Munch's paintings. Tanta Melancolía!

Here are some precious paintings (by a sloppy photographer) I saw one more time and hope to see again.